Friday, July 4, 2008

Wren Update

Since folks have been asking -- yes! They are thriving.

I apologize that I am not very good at photographing something so small -- but here is the best I could do:

1 day after birth:







Today:




It is amazing to see their little pinfeathers sprout up so fast and their eyes open. I realize that you can only ever see two beaks peaking up in these photos, but I assure you that there are three happy and healthy little critters in the nest -- I can see three hearts beating and sometimes see three beaks pop up - but it all happens so fast that I rarely manage to catch them all on film. Also, I rarely stick around long enough to get a good shot because my presence always upsets Mama Wren and, as a Mom myself, I try to be understanding by moving along quickly.

Anyway: I will try to remember to provide updates on them. I'm not sure how long baby wrens stay in the nest -- they can barely all fit in there now!

No comments: